NtFrs Timeout Error: Event 7011
Frank M
2007-02-16 20:10:15 UTC
I am supporting an SBS 2003 standard system.
The system has been stable for over a year.
It has started dropping connections to desktops.
The user receives a: you are now working offiline message.
In checking the event logs it shows an Event 7011
Under properties it is a NtFrs service timeout.
All updates have been installed.
There is an Access database on the server shared by three users.
The failure occurs most accessing this database.
Failure also occurs when using pagemaker with data files on the server.
Thanks
OneInTen
2007-02-16 20:26:35 UTC
After looking up this error, I think you'll have to adjust the
autodisconnect value for the LAN. Here is an article that describe this
setting

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B138365
Thanks
Frank M
2007-02-17 17:29:03 UTC
Thanks for the prompt reply.
It makes sense.
The users leave the database open for long periods and switch to it when
they need to use it.
I don't understand why it worked this way for so long and just started to
log them off.
I set the disconnect time to the maximum.
I will find out next week if this fixes the problem.
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks
Frank M
2007-02-27 15:05:08 UTC
Hi,

After a week without problems we are getting the same NtFrs error.
The lan disconnect setting is 0xffffffff, the maximum value.
Should I set the value to -1?
Would appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Frank M