Can't connect to OWA - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden
brtnharv
2005-04-12 03:13:02 UTC
Hello, I recently brought up a new SBS 2003 server and mail flow is working
fine. Although, when i try to connect to OWA through
http://myipaddress/exchange I get a HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address
of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS), error. I looked in my IIS settings and
every virtual folder under my exchange default website has "Denied Access"
-Except the following - 10.0.0.100 255.255.255.0 (the small business server
address and subnet) and 127.0.0.1. I have another SBS 2003 and compared the
2 and I do not have these permissions on the other server, and OWA has always
worked fine on it. Also, mycompanyweb does not work either, I just get a
page cannot be displayed. Any idea what is going on? Thanks for your time.
Matt
NickR
2005-04-12 14:32:02 UTC
It sounds like you have IP address restrictions turned on.

Go into IIS and right on your Exchange virtual folder (or any other folder
you need to change). Then go to the "Directory Security" tab. Click the
EDIT button under "IP address and domain name restrictions". Select "Granted
Access" and remove any IP addresses you have listed in the white box below.

This will allow you to access OWA from the outside world. Don't forget to
also check the IP address restrictions for your "Default Web Site".
Matt
Jerry zhao (MSFT)
2005-04-13 09:34:55 UTC
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your posting. And thanks for Nick's answer.

Nick is quite right.

You can run CEICW to correct the configuration for publishing the OWA.

For more information about this, please refer to the following MS web site:

Error Message: 403.6 - Forbidden: IP Address Rejected
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248043

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
It's my pleasure to be of assistance.

Best regards,

Jerry Zhao (MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support